In a departure from recent iron models, PING’s experts re-engineered the face of the G425 iron by employing a metal-wood-style, variable face thickness (VFT) design. This greatly increases flexing for measurable ball speed gains that launch shots higher and farther with the stopping power to hold greens – a rare result with most of today’s distance-minded irons. In the process of creating the new face design, they developed a more compact head that sets a new standard for forgiveness for an iron its size. While shorter heel-to-toe than the G410 model, it boasts a 3% higher MOI due to mass savings from the new face geometry that have been re-allocated to the toe and hosel weights, which expands the perimeter weighting and greatly tightens dispersion.
Extensive finite element analysis was used to help develop a multi-material cavity badge that covers more of the face to damp undesirable frequencies and ensure a superb feel and pleasing sound. The G425 irons feature a performance-improving, water-repelling hydropearl chrome finish. The grooves in the PW, UW, SW and LW are precision-milled to ensure control and touch into and around the greens. Ping used the same geometry as the Glide 2.0 wedges in the grooves of the G425 PW, UV, SW and LW to increase interaction with the cover of the ball at impact, thus creating more friction, improved spin and trajectory control. The Power Spec is a custom-designed loft configuration that delivers a power boost in a calculated fashion without sacrificing the integrity of the club’s design. The stock shaft offerings in the G425 Irons are Ping’s AWT 2.0 (steel) and Ping’s Alta CB Slate (graphite).
Ping G425 Irons Feature:
- Variable Face Thickness incorporates a metal-wood style design in an iron to deliver the highest ball speed ever seen in a G-Series iron.
- Arccos Caddie Smart Grip automatically records and analyze every shot taken during a round when paired with the Arccos Caddie app.
- The G425 has a shorter blade length providing a cleaner look, while also achieving higher MOI.
- A tungsten toe screw and hosel weight expand the perimeter weight increasing MOI by 3%
- A multi-material cavity badge provides 54% more face coverage for improved feel
- A resilient hydropearl chrome finish repels moisture for increased consistency in wet conditions
- High spin wedges: Same technology as Glide 2.0 wedges improve spin and control
- Stock Shafts: Ping’s AWT 2.0 (steel) Ping Alta CB Slate (graphite
Ping G425 Irons Steel Shafts Options:
- Ping AWT 2.0 -(R, S, X)
- Dynamic Gold -(S300, X100)
- Dynamic Gold 105 -(R300, S300)
- Dynamic Gold 120 -(S300, X100)
- KBS Tour -(R, S, X)
- Nippon Pro Modus Tour 105 (S,X)
- True Temper Elevate 95 -(R300, S300)
- Project X LZ (5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 6.5)
Arccos Grips Feature:
- Automatic shot tracking, hands-free fully automatic shot capture
- Smart Distance Club Averages, know how far to actually hit all your clubs
- Strokes Gained Analytics personalised insights using A.I.
- Highlight strengths and weaknesses and guide your practice & equipment choices
- This agreement will include a 90-day free trial of the Arccos Caddie app.
- After this free trial, the one-year subscription will cost $99.99 through Arccos.
Please Note – All Ping custom club orders will be submitted to Ping for assembly and will be subject to component availability and build lead times
PING offers the most time-tested and precise custom-fitting process in golf, one proven to generate the optimal ball flights and consistency you need to shoot lower scores.
Please call 0151 356 3254 to arrange your Free Ping Custom Fit Experience to determine which specification will deliver the best results for you’re game
For more information on Ping’s latest products and industry leading custom fitting process please visit – https://eu.ping.com/en-gb/fitting/custom-fitting