In the G425 driver series, the primary model is named Max as it elevates the moment of inertia (MOI) to PING’s highest level in history and provide golfers the most forgiving driver in golf. Joining the G425 Max are the LST (Low Spin Technology) and SFT (Straight Flight Technology) to best match a golfer’s swing and launch conditions.
G425 Max Driver (MOI to the Max)
To achieve the new performance levels in the G425 Max, PING engineers combined key technologies from the G400 Max and G410 Plus. The resulting increase in MOI in the 460cc head comes mainly from a 26-gram tungsten movable weight, which is made possible by weight savings attributed to advancements in the driver’s dragonfly crown technology. The weight can be positioned at distinctive settings over a smaller area than G410 Plus/LST to help shift the centre of gravity lower and farther back without sacrificing performance elsewhere in the design. The CG-shifting weight can be secured in one of three settings — neutral, draw or fade — to influence forgiveness and shot shape for maximum performance. The average MOI increase is 14% across the three weight positions compared to the G410 Plus, with three combinations of weight position and loft exceeding a combined MOI of 10,000 (gm-cm²).
G425 SFT Driver (Straight Flight Technology)
For golfers who commonly miss their tee shots to the right, the 460cc SFT version is engineered with draw bias to help bring shots back on-line and into the fairway. It features a fixed 23-gram tungsten back weight that shifts the CG closer to the heel to promote a right-to-left shot bend of approximately 25 yards compared to the G425 Max model. A lighter swing weight (D1) also helps influence the ball flight correction.
G425 LST Driver (Low Spin Technology)
The LST model is designed with a pear-shaped head and measures 445cc to deliver spin reductions of approximately 200 rpm compared to the G410 LST and 500-700 rpm versus the G425 Max. The smaller head size of the LST employs a 17-gram CG shifter with three settings (Draw, Neutral, Fade) to fit the launch conditions best suited to the golfer’s swing and desired ball flight.
To help contribute to increases in swing speed and ball speed, all three models share proven PING driver innovations, including turbulators for reduced aerodynamic drag and the proprietary T9S+ forged face to accelerate face flexing for more distance. An internal rib structure in the Ti-8-1-1 body improves acoustics for a solid and pleasing sound.
To help contribute to increases in swing speed and ball speed PING driver innovations include turbulators for reduced aerodynamic drag and the proprietary T9S+ forged face to accelerate face flexing for more distance. An internal rib structure in the Ti-8-1-1 body improves acoustics for a solid and pleasing sound. Ping’s new, patented lightweight and aerodynamic hosel expands from five to eight settings, offering loft (0°, +1°, +1.5°, -1°, -1.5°) and lie adjustments (including up to 3° flatter than standard) to optimize ball flight.
Ping G425 Range also come as standard with an Arccos smart sensor in every grip, Golf’s first fully-automatic shot-tracking system seamlessly records and analyses every shot you hit, provides A.I. Powered GPS Rangefinder distances to any point on the course and Strokes Gained Analytics to help any player make smarter decisions to shoot lower scores. Power Spec Loft is a fitting option for players looking to boost their iron distance or decrease spin to hit a desired trajectory window. The Power Spec is a custom-designed loft configuration that delivers a power boost in a calculated fashion without sacrificing the integrity of the club’s design.
Ping G425 Max Driver Features:
- Tungsten Movable Weight (26-gram) the weights can be set to neutral, draw or fade
- Dragonfly Crown Technology allowing for weight saving and maximizing MOI
- Crown Turbulators for reduced aerodynamic drag
- T9S+ forged face to accelerate face flexing for more distance
- Internal rib structure in the Ti-8-1-1 body improves acoustics for a solid and pleasing sound
- Lightweight, 8-position hosel for loft (+-1.5º) and lie (up to 3º flatter) adjustments
- Grip: Arccos Caddie Smart Grip (Golf Pride Lite 360 Tour Velvet)
Ping G425 Max Driver Shaft Options:
- PING ALTA CB Slate 55 -(SR, R, S, X)- Standard Length 45.75″
- Ping Alta Distanza -(SR)- Standard Length 45.75″
- Ping Tour 173-65 -(R, S, X)- Standard Length 45.25″
- Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 -(S, X)- Standard Length 45.25″
- Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Orange 55 & 65 -(R, S, X)- Standard Length 45.25″
Arccos Grips Feature:
- Automatic shot tracking, hands-free fully automatic shot capture
- Smart Distance Club Averages, know how far to actually hit all your clubs
- Strokes Gained Analytics personalised insights using A.I.
- Highlight strengths and weaknesses and guide your practice & equipment choices
- This agreement will include a 90-day free trial of the Arccos Caddie app.
- After this free trial, the one-year subscription will cost $99.99 through Arccos.
PING offers the most time-tested and precise custom-fitting process in golf, one proven to generate the optimal ball flights and consistency you need to shoot lower scores.
Please call 0151 356 3254 to arrange your Free Ping Custom Fit Experience to determine which specification will deliver the best results for you’re game
For more information on Ping’s latest products and industry leading custom fitting process please visit – https://eu.ping.com/en-gb/fitting/custom-fitting