In the G425 fairway woods and hybrids, two shared PING innovations known as Facewrap Technology and Spinsistency combine to deliver more distance and spin predictability while offering numerous options to ensure proper gapping throughout a golfer’s bag. The fairway woods are also available in LST (Low Spin Technology) and SFT (Straight Flight Technology) to best match a golfer’s swing and launch conditions. With the Facewrap design, a thin, high strength maraging steel face extends into the crown and sole to provide increased flexing for faster ball speeds that result in greater distance and high launching shots. To bring more consistent spin performance, the faces of the fairway woods are engineered with a complex face curvature that modifies the roll profile, mainly low on the face where the loft decreases approximately 2.5º to normalise spin and increase ball speed for more distance.
Both player and PING Man robot testing revealed greatly improved distance results from Spinsistency, specifically low on the face, the most common miss-hit for fairway woods. A tungsten sole weight strategically positioned increases the MOI in the stainless-steel heads for added forgiveness. On the crown, a new 3-dot alignment feature provides golfers a visual cue to address the ball to best match their eye. The SFT model has more heel-side weighting and a lighter swing weight help square the face to create right-to-left shot bend (RH golfers). The heads are slightly larger to drive up the MOI, and lofts are 1.5° higher to promote easier launch. The G425 SFT (Straight Flight) Fairway Wood is available in 3W (16º), 5W (19º) and 7W (22)º options.
Ping G425 SFT Fairway Woods Features:
- Heel-side weighting and a lighter swing weight help square the face to create a straighter flight
- Heads are slightly larger to drive up the MOI, and lofts are 1.5° higher to promote easier launch
- PING Facewrap Technology provides increased flexing for faster ball speeds
- PING Spinsistency increases ball speed for more distance
- NEW 3-dot alignment feature provides golfers a visual cue to address the ball
- Tungsten sole weight strategically positioned increases the MOI
- Lightweight, 8-position hosel for loft (+-1.5º) and lie (up to 3º flatter)
- Stock graphite shafts: PING ALTA CB 65 Slate (SR, R, S, X)
- Std. lengths: 3W (43″), 5W (42 1/2″), 7W (42″)
Ping G425 SFT Fairway Shafts Features:
- PING ALTA CB Slate – (SR, R, S, X)
- Ping Alta Distanza – (SR)
- PING Tour 65/75 (R, S, X)
- Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Orange 75 (R, S, X)
- Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I 80 (S, X)
Arccos Grips Features:
- Automatic shot tracking, hands-free fully automatic shot capture
- Smart Distance Club Averages, know how far to actually hit all your clubs
- Strokes Gained Analytics personalised insights using A.I.
- Highlight strengths and weaknesses and guide your practice & equipment choices
- This agreement will include a 90-day free trial of the Arccos Caddie app.
- After this free trial, the one-year subscription will cost $99.99 through Arccos.
PING offers the most time-tested and precise custom-fitting process in golf, one proven to generate the optimal ball flights and consistency you need to shoot lower scores.
Please call 0151 356 3254 to arrange your Free Ping Custom Fit Experience to determine which specification will deliver the best results for you’re game
For more information on Ping’s latest products and industry leading custom fitting process please visit – https://eu.ping.com/en-gb/fitting/custom-fitting