The new & Improved 2021 TaylorMade P790 Irons takes distance and forgiveness to a whole new level, featuring a newly engineered SpeedFoam™ Air which is 69% lighter than its predecessor. It provides up to 3.5g of weight savings that has been redistributed to further optimize mass properties for better launch conditions. The new formulation delivers a sweet sound and solid feel while delivering a fast, flexible face. A new 8620 carbon steel construction makes the head thinner by up to 37.5% in strategic locations, allowing for a significantly lower CG placement. This new thin-walled design pairs with a responsive 1.5mm forged 4140 steel L-Face to promote supreme flexibility, fast ball speeds and distance while upholding a premium forged feel.
The sweet spot size has been increased by up to 60% compared to to the original P790. Using data analytics Taylormade have repositioned the sweet spot lower on the face to naturally capture more shots and provide performance where golfers need it most. This coupled with the Thru-Slot Speed Pocket™ provides increased face flexibility while preserving ball speed and distance on low face strikes. Engineers developed new construction methods to thin out the body, allowing for up to 31g of tungsten to be placed in the toe. It creates a massive amount of stability and forgiveness wrapped in a players package. The P790’s powerful performance is packed into a clean, classic looking iron and the result is distance, feel, forgiveness and workability unlike any iron of this calibre.
TaylorMade P•790 Irons Feature:
- SpeedFoam Air is 69% lighter than before and allows weight to be redistributed to optimize launch conditions
- 8620 Carbon steel construction is up to 37.5 thinner allowing for lower CG placement for improved launch conditions
- Thin wall design pairs with a responsive 1.5mm forged 4140 steel L-Face for faster ball speeds and a premium forged feel
- Sweet is 60% larger than original P•790 and is repositioned using data analytics to provide improved performance
- Thru-Slot Speed Pocket increases face flexibility and preserves ball speed and distance on low face strikes
- 31g of tungsten in the toe creates a massive amount of stability and forgiveness in a players package
- Stiff stock Steel Shaft: True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 VSS S300 / In Stock
- Regular stock Steel Shaft: True Temper Dynamic Gold 95 VSS R300 / In Stock
- Stock Grip: Golf Pride Z-Grip Black/Grey (52g, 0.580)
- Authorized TaylorMade Retailer
Please Note – Stock Shaft – Dynamic Gold VSS Stiff & Regular +Stock Grip Golf Pride Z Grip – In Stock & Ready To Ship / Pre-order Mid September
Please Note – All Taylormade custom club orders will be submitted to Taylormade for assembly and will be subject to component availability and build lead times , Currently 2-3 Weeks