THE NEW MARKS OF PRECISION
Drawing inspiration for the world’s best golfers, Milled Grind (MG) wedges use advanced surface milling techniques to ensure precise sole geometry, leading edges, and score lines. The result is a precisely crafted grind on each and every wedge that produces optimal turf interaction and consistent performance.
“Wedges that are hand-ground lend themselves to inconsistencies from wedge to wedge, especially when mass produced. Our new Milled Grind wedges ensure precision where it matters most. Utilizing extensive feedback from Tour players, we crafted three uniquely milled grinds for all types of swings and turf conditions.”
— Paul Demkowski, Expert Engineer, Irons & Wedges
Finding the perfect grind geometry was one of the primary development stages in which TaylorMade relied on input from Tour players. To craft the wedges to exacting specifications, each leading edge and sole grind is individually surface milled for unparalleled accuracy. A low effective bounce (LB) grind provides the least amount of ground resistance, a standard grind (SB) has a median ground resistance, and a high bounce (HB) grind features a wider sole that offers the most ground resistance.
Milled Grind wedges also exhibit a deeper bore and shaft insertion than previous wedges, going from 1.0 inch to 1.5 inches—resulting in a soft, red polymer-filled Precision Weight Port located toward the heel of every sole. The deeper bore, while providing an improved shaft connection, also removes weight from the hosel to be relocated into a more centrally located position, which improves the center of gravity (CG), making the club more solid and more forgiving.
A new and improved groove configuration is also incorporated into the faces of each new wedge. These soft 8620 carbon steel wedges promise to be the most precise, best balanced, and best feeling wedge that TaylorMade has ever produced.
“MG wedges are all about perfection, which is what you want for your short game. The shaping is clean, the edges are sharp, and the look gives me the confidence to stay aggressive.”
— Jason Day, Tour Professional
- Consistent turf interaction through sole geometry and a precise leading edge
- Lower launch angle and increased spin rate with the Precision Weight Port
- Steeper side walls and sharper edges produce maximum spin from ZTP-17 grooves
- Soft feel with 8620 carbon steel
- Standard bounce is ideal for moderate and standard conditions and is available in the following lofts: 50,52,54,,56, and 58
- Low Bounce is ideal for firm conditions and a sweeping, shallow swing and is available in the following lofts: 54,56,58,60
- High Bounce is ideal for soft conditions and a steep swing and is available in the following lofts: 56,58, and 60
- Shaft is the True Temper Dynamic Golf Wedge
- Grip is the Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360